Here are some fun–and weird–facts about me!
- I listen to all kinds of music: from classical to Lady Gaga(Her latest album is beautiful.) Extra special to me is ’80s music and most played is the alternative/pop/rock sort of thing.
- I used to be a coffee addict, which is a serious affliction. But I have always been a tea lover, and somehow, I was balancing them. Nowadays, all I drink is tea. Unsweetened black tea.
- Tea also helps me with my insomnia. A cup of tea at 8-ish, and I’ll sleep like a baby.
- I am a major TV maniac. It’s not just I watch a lot of TV shows. The problem lies with me embedding myself in their plots. Latest victims include Conviction, Notorious, and The Voice.
- I love white wine. In a delicious sort of way. Give me sparkling white wine, and I will love you, too.
- When I was younger, all I read was fantasy books.
- But suddenly, everyone kept talking about Fifty Shades of Grey. The chatter was so intense on social media that I bought and read it. Yes, Fifty Shades of Grey is the first non-fantasy book I have read. Talk about an introduction to romance.
- I used to be an extrovert. Like, talk to everyone about everything. As years pass by, I become all the more introvert. I enjoy observing people and try to look at the world through their eyes. And then, I go back home and create new ones in my head.
- Harry Potter. I breathe Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling is my icon–not only in regards to literature. She is a good human being who wants to leave a better world behind her. You don’t find it very often.
- I am a proud Hufflepuff! Long may Helga Hufflepuff reign!
- I also LOVE Legolas from Lord of the Rings. After all these years from when the movies were released, and still, he is my crush.
- My favorite actor is Benedict Cumberbatch.
- My favorite bands include Coldplay, OneRepublic, Maroon5.
- My favorite female singers are Adele, Sia, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson. As for male, I’d go with Gavin Degraw, Justin Timberlake, Blake Shelton, Michael Buble, I’m forgetting an important name at the moment, but it will come to me.
- Did you know that I share my name with the Goddess of wisdom and strategy, from the Greek mythology? Yup, I’m a smart girl.
- Hence, my mild obsession with owls–the sacred animal of the Goddess.
- Wow, I may have an obsessive disorder. There’s a lot of obsessions and addictions mentioned in this poor Fun Facts section. Oops.
- How did I start writing? you may wonder. Well, I always had stories in my head. I remember I used to voice them out loud when I was a child, and I definitely remember my mother asking just how much homework the teacher had given us. LOL But I never thought I could organize myself in a way that would allow these stories to come to life. And yes, I didn’t think I would be good enough. That part is still a major struggle I deal with almost every day. Like every unagented/unpublished author, I guess. But a friend of mine kept bugging me. I took it as a challenge. What would be the worse thing that could happen in the end? So I started writing, and I have never stopped since. Thanks, Nicola Haken for pushing me in the best possible way.
- I have met my best friends on social media through our love for books.
- When I was a kid, I was bullied. I was the Swedish girl in Greece. I’m not sure if you know this, but Greeks have dark hair and dark characteristics, in general. Swedes are the exact opposite. Blonde, ginger, or brown hair, and white skin. Mine is blonde, by the way. I’m half Swedish, on my mother’s side, and my skin is whiter than the 100% Swedes. Two years in Sweden, and I haven’t seen a person that is even remotely as white as I am. Plus, I have freckles. Lots of them. Well, the kids at school did not like any of that. You can imagine all the possible ways they had found to insult me. But I was, am, and will always be proud to be Swedish and have my darn cute freckles!! Anyone have a problem with that, goodbye. 🙂
- I studied five years Computer Science before I realized it was killing me on the inside. I was depressed and exhausted from trying to succeed in something that I hated. When I moved to Sweden, I told myself this is your chance to do what you want to do. That encouraged me to take language classes, and me finally realizing that languages was my path. Either in teaching or translating.
- Two big passions of mine are linguistics and history of literature. I find them fascinating!
- I speak four languages fluently: English, Greek, Swedish, and Spanish.
- Dream number two is to visit New York, and three to visit the San Diego Comic Con.
- My biggest dream, the air I breathe, the reason why I wake up in the mornings, that is to become a published full-time author.
Congratulations if you’ve reached the bottom of a long list full of irrelevant, weird, and obsessive fun facts.
Feel free to comment below with your weird tendencies. We, the weirdos, must stay together. Fifty points if you’re a Hufflepuff. Twenty points if you’ve studied at Hogwarts or Illvermory.
Thanks for reading!